CTDems Job Openings
Job Description: The Communications Advisor for the Connecticut Democratic Party works with the Executive Director, Communications team, and stakeholders to drive earned media coverage and communicate the party’s message. The position is responsible for overseeing the party’s overall communications and messaging strategy for the 2022 coordinated campaign. This will include overseeing all internal and external communications, developing communications plans, executing events, and working with reporters.
- Write short and long-term communications plans.
- Write talking points for events and stakeholders as needed.
- Develop messaging around issues for staff, stakeholders, and allies.
- Work with staff to manage difficult communications situations including crisis communications.
- Plan and oversee press events ranging from press conferences to press calls.
- Develop and execute press events with surrogates and elected officials.
- Directing proactive and rapid response communications.
- Develops pitch ideas and pitch stories to reporters in Connecticut and nationally.
- Draft media materials, including press releases, talking points, online content, blast emails, and statements.
- Work with campaigns to coordinate press and communications strategy and assist as needed.
- Respond to media inquiries.
- Work with other staffers to develop and execute digital and social media plans.
- Work with the digital team to integrate emails and digital media into the overall plan.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years working in political communications, preferably at least one cycle on a statewide campaign.
- On-the-record experience.
- Proven ability to execute creative earned media campaigns.
- Previous record of working and communicating with multiple stakeholders.
- A willingness to work in a high-paced campaign environment with unpredictable hours.
To apply: please send current résumé and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.