Topline Mayor Mark Boughton of Danbury has opened an exploratory committee to run for governor in 2014.
Boughton says he’s a “Blue Collar” Republican but his voting record and governance in Danbury tells another story.
- As a state representative, he voted repeatedly voted against modest increases in the state’s minimum wage.
- He voted against establishing a comprehensive statewide asthma plan and asthma monitoring system.
- He is against a woman’s right to choose.
- He said he would have to “Think Long and Hard” as to whether or not he would have signed the 2013 gun control legislation that Govenor Malloy signed.
- He voted to cut education equalization grants by $7 million.
- Under Boughton, Danbury’s property taxes increased 10 percent since he took office.
- Under Boughton, Danbury municipal expenditures increased $88,185,984, or 63.4 percent since he took office.